• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

386A motherboard checks memory, but POST doesn't proceed

Hello! I obtained a 386DX motherboard (386A), and am having a problem with the keyboard not responding after the memory test is complete. The system will check all 8192 KB of RAM, and I can skip it by pressing 'ESC'. After that, a message on screen reads "Press <DEL> If you want to run...
  2. A

Possible 'Base 64K memory failure' on a 286 build

Hello! As I mentioned in this thread, I've built a 286 computer. I went and got some DRAM chips (4C1024E-10 18-Pin DIP, 1M x 1, 5V, made by Micron, 36 in total) for onboard memory of 4 MB. Unfortunately, when I powered on the system, the screen did not come up, so I connected the speaker, and...
  3. A

New 286 Build

I've acquired a new, unused 286 motherboard - a BAM/12S - on eBay for $50. It came with an Intel CPU, and I've gotten a case for it. The case I've ordered for it is a slim AT model, and requires a riser card that plugs into a 16-bit ISA slot. There are three slots on the riser card. The...
  4. A

ATI Graphics Ultra/Ultra Plus (Mach32) part numbers

Hello! I'm looking for an old ATI Graphics Ultra Plus card for a 486 system I have running Windows NT 3.1. I found a cheap ($14) Mach32 card (a Graphics Wonder) on eBay, but it doesn't seem to work with the built-in ATI drivers at any resolution or color depth. Various Mach32 video cards are...
  5. A

Hard drive for IBM PS/2 Model 70

Hello! I just got an old IBM PS/2 Model 70 off of eBay, but without a hard drive. I can't seem to find anything on eBay. I need to know where I can get one of the integrated hard drive and controller that plugs into the riser card's slot opposite the floppy drive (the space seems to be reserved...
Back