• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Compaq Portable Plus (8088) and a Texelec IDE2SD

An update if anyone is interested. I'm sure this might be old hat to most. I got a gotek floppy emulator. This did not work initially as it emulated 1.44mb 3.5" hd discs. However, I installed the flash floppy firmware using the instructions here (github), and it would read some downloaded 5.25...
  2. K

Getting Compaq Portable 1 running

I too got the pads from texelec. They worked like a dream. I have haven't been able to boot from the xtide sd i also got from them yet. I'm just assuming I'm not creating a bootable disc image properly. Some new old stock floppies and a gotek are in the mail.
  3. K

I did remove the original hard drive controller, but it didn't seem to help. I've got a new SD card and a gotek on the way. We'll see if either help.
  4. K

Hey folks, I'm working on restoring this Compaq Portable. So far, I've recapped the video card, configured for an external monitor and refurbished the keyboard, all with success. It boots from the original 10M hard disk, and from the 5.25" floppy (I broke the seal on a copy of Dig Dug by...
  5. K

Getting Compaq Portable 1 running

Hey folks! While I didn't follow the thread very closely yet, I want to thank you for your research here. This is the first and only pictures of a working Assy 0000007 VDU I've found., and jumper settings from yours are exactly what I needed to get my working with my external display. Thank...
Back