• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Game port joystick range of motion/sensitivity.

I've got this old Genius Flight 2000 f-16 game port joystick which I'm trying to use on my windows 98 machine (a slot1 P3 machine with an opti sound card in an isa slot connected joystick) and it seems the joystick appears a bit "twitchy". What I meant an by this is that after calibration the...
  2. F

24 pin dot matrix impact printers popularity back in the day.

I've recently got a hold of an old wide carriage Epson Fx-1050 9 pin printer. I managed to find a replacement ribbon for $2, but even before it arrived I got the old ink ribbon working with some wd40. It surprised me that even graphics quality wasn't that bad on this 9 pin printer (or at least...
  3. F

Epson fx-1050 impact printer can't load sheet paper.

I ve recently got a large format Epson Fx-1050 impact printer that takes continous as well as sheet paper. However, I found I can load sheet paper only manually. If I use the printer's load function the paper will jam into the print head/rollbar assembly. Specifically the printer has a...
  4. F

Main use of large format dot matrix printers.

I recently came across a pretty cheap classic Epson fx-1050 printer that I decided to get. It works fine, and is only in need of some cleaning. It is a dot matrix impact printer, but at the same time it is very wide. So wide one could probably feed a3 paper in landscape format. Every time I...
  5. F

Fixing an AT "buckling springs" membrane keyboard.

I've recently got a buckling spring keyboard for the price of postage. Unfortunately the case is cracked in few places (all pieces are present so I can glue it back) and it has few issues. First was that 0 woukd press itself all the time. It turned out the spring under that key was slightly...
Back