• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. U

Apple IIc shows checkered screen and sometimes "RAM GLU 000101" message after ROM FF upgrade to ROM 00 or later

Sure I can go back to FF. I installed jumper switches instead of soldering the bridge and easily go back to the original ROM. But meanwhile, I've flashed a 32K EPROM with the FF ROM image (16k + 16k appended) which also works fine without touching the jumper switches again. IMO the existing...
  2. U

Bringing an old friend back to life - Apple IIc

@RandomDesign please keep posting updates about your IIc!! 🙏 I'll certainly come back to read about it!:) @VERAULT awesome results on that filthy IIc. Have you posted something about your retrobrighting "studio" setup?:) For the time being, I'm satisfied with a good cleanup while progressing...
  3. U

Apple IIc shows checkered screen and sometimes "RAM GLU 000101" message after ROM FF upgrade to ROM 00 or later

Dear all, I'm cleaning up this IIc + flat display and upgrading its ROM, but while it seems to work fine using the original ROM FF, once I open/short the PCB bridges and use one of the newer ROM versions, the result is a checkered screen (solid squares). Pressing CTRL+Open+Closed+Reset, makes...
Back