• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Olivetti M24 DMA control error 03

sorry, I wrote it wrong, I meant that the chip is marked NEC instead of INTEL, I wasn't referring to the PC which is an M24B OLIVETTI. Sorry for my English Thanks for the link, I have the parallel card for testing but have never used it. I'll read the thread to learn.
  2. M

Thanks, my M24 is NEC branded, I'll desolder it as soon as I have time, I have the spare on another board
  3. M

Good morning, I have an M24 that gives an error as soon as it is turned on and doesn't go any further. I don't know if it's a memory problem or something else. I can't find any information on this error, the keyboard flashes but nothing else happens. I tried removing the keyboard controller...
  4. M

Olivetti M24 Power on led

I tried putting a working 16bit video card and no floppy disk but the result doesn't change. Even leaving only the motherboard the PC does not emit any error sound. Yes, I confirm the card is really too complicated for me, it could be the processor or the bios but I have no spare parts to try.
  5. M

Great job, you did so much to bring him back to life. I have recovered the third M24, they are being restored, unfortunately they have removed some pieces. I also recovered a cannibalized M280 without video card and floppy drive, I fixed the power supply and the voltages on the motherboard are...
  6. M

AT&T 6300 with a failed Fuji 5401 floppy drive

If it is not recognised, try changing the capacitors near the power supply, they may be low voltages.
  7. M

Where can I find it? is there a download section?
  8. M

Thanks to all, in the end I put a green led with a 150 ohm resistor and the light is slightly lower than the original one but I can't go any further, so I already have a 2.2v output. I cleaned and checked the two machines and they are in perfect working order. One has two floppies and bios 1.1...
  9. M

Hi everyone, I took two M24 and the led does not turn on. I find a voltage of 5V, is it correct? Are there 5V green LED? I can't find any information about it. I could put a standard led with a resistor of about 300 ohms it should be fine. Thank you
  10. M

TexElec ISA IDE to SD Adapter on IBM 5150

Did you prepare the compact flash correctly? 1) fdisk for partition 2) fdisk/MBR 3) formats
  11. M

Olivetti PCS86 ram expansion info

thanks davide78, in fact I did not understand how to load dos in high memory, I will download qram and as soon as possible I will do some tests.
  12. M

yes, it has a dedicated chip, the driver was needed which still consumes base memory. The dos can't be loaded higt so it becomes almost useless, I'll do some testing with various programs.
  13. M

I succeeded, on the motherboard there is wdc fe2011 management chip which can manage up to 2.5mb ram. I'm attaching it in case anyone needs it (mm.sys)
  14. M

The pc has two expansion slots and does not accept a single sim. I also tried to put two 256K simm and the system see a total of 640 + 384k but the dos always continues to see only 640k. I've tried all the combinations of the three jumpers but nothing changes. If I put two simm of 1mb or higher...
  15. M

Hi all, Sorry for the english translated by google. Unfortunately there is not much information on the olivetti, I'm trying to get the additional ram recognized and for this I would need to understand what the switches on the motherboard do. The ram should be handled by the 3 switches nearby...
  16. M

Olivetti M19 - my latest addition

very simple to adapt an atx power supply, you just need +5 +12 -12 and ground. 4 wires are enough. I connected a very small one directly on the mb on the original connector
  17. M

Just in : Olivetti M19

Hi, I have a m19 only machine with 20Mb hd, I would like to have copy of the original software, I can't find it, can you make images of your disks? Thank you
  18. M

IBM 5151 Monitor Testing

Hello, I confirm, I have two 5151 monitors and both without signal do not turn on. If you open it you will still see the slightly illuminated neck of the picture tube. Sorry for my English
Back