• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. U

Abandoned PDP11/44's

Good luck! I was in the area again yesterday and dropped by to get some extra pictures. Forget what I said about construction being paused, the site is slowly disappearing, bit by bit. One of the machines still has a lid on it, and that has preserved the cards inside a bit better. Also the...
  2. U

Early Computers and Electronic Music?

Slightly less vintage, but it's also worth looking into the Demoscene. There was (and still is) a group of people who try to make audio/visual demonstrations using computers. Back in the 90's, the art they made was better than commercial video games. They still create new productions on old...
  3. U

Abandoned PDP11/44's

Albert: Yes there were a few miniracks in the pictures, but there are (at least) 2 more racks to the left. These units may be too far gone to refurbish. But I think that some of the cards in the PDP's might be capable of running again, with some TLC. Timo: I agree that the legality is a...
  4. U

Abandoned PDP11/44's

During a recent trip to Belgium, I came across two PDP11/44's which have been abandoned. They were part of a metallurgical testing facility which has fallen into disuse. Given that this facility is slated for demolition, there's a high probability that the PDP11's will end up in a landfill...
Back