• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Setting up a DECnet network with a Pro380 and Windows client?

Is there a source for the larger DRAM chips? I read in the FAQ about desoldering the smaller DRAMs and resoldering with the larger ones. I have a spare RAM card and would like to give that a try.
  2. A

My research about graphics of the Pro

This might be a better C compiler for P/OS P/OS C compiler
  3. A

I'm going through the old DECUS tapes for RSX. I found a C compiler, runtime libraries, and BASIC interpreter and have posted them on Google Drive here: C Compiler, C Runtime code, BASIC interpreter. Do you think we could get these into floppy format and try them on Xhomer? I see Pascal, Algol...
  4. A

New England Heathkit H27 for sale

Near me in Maine...
  5. A

Hi Litwr, I have a question on Xhomer. Is the only was to transfer data to Xhomer to create floppy disk images using a physical 5.25" floppy drive? Thanks.
  6. A

Running Alpha NT programs on x86 Windows

There was MS Office for Alpha. It came installed on a lot of systems. That would be a good catch.
  7. A

Running Alpha NT programs on x86 Windows

NT Alpha software is somewhat rare and geared towards server usage. In the mid 90's we ported our multimedia product, PhotoMorph, to the Alpha and did a number of trade shows with the Alpha multimedia group. It was always amazing to render graphics on the Alpha, it was so much faster than...
  8. A

Do you have the rare Sun "Sidewinder" 386 workstation? I heard about it in about '89 and then it was gone. I have the Pro color graphics card but my 350 has a memory issue and is no longer stable.
  9. A

Wow! This is an excellent and thorough description of early bitmapped image display. My first computer with color graphics was a Sun 360 workstation in 1987, but it supported only 16 colors from a fixed palette. Pictures did not look good. In 1990 I bought a PC clone with an ATI Wonder VGA card...
  10. A

Hi, a while back you mentioned this: One thing I have been doing here is taking out the two...

Hi, a while back you mentioned this: One thing I have been doing here is taking out the two memory boards on the CPU and replacing the 64k chips with 256k chips. Then you have a system with a base of 1mb of memory right off the bat. Which 256k RAM chip are you using and where did you get them...
  11. A

The rtVAX300 - an obscure and mysterious DEC embedded processor

Great stories, great history. Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of the rtVAX.
  12. A

Apologies that this isn't directly graphics related. My Pro 350 is now getting fatal errors while running, 000300 / 000004. In Appendix A of Pro Series Technical Manual Vol 1 this shows as "Odd address or other trap 4". This is not a program run time error or a boot error. It often happens...
  13. A

Digital GiGi VK100 colour graphics terminal

My university had a whole lab full of GIGIs. They were used either as dumb terminals to the VAX or for the graphics class. The graphics class was basic. Lots of transformational math and then hidden line algorithms on the GIGI. The GIGIs had a reputation for reliability. They were solid.
  14. A

I'm sure at least some of you guys know this, but in this online pro manual: Guide to Writing a P /OS 1/0 Driver and Advanced Programmer's Notes https://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/pro3xx/POS/AA-BT73A-TH_Guide_to_Writing_a_POS_Driver_and_Advanced_Programmers_Notes_198404.pdf Chapter 9 has info...
  15. A

Yes, probably better for me. But I hope to share some software with other Pro 350 owners. It is an experiment.
  16. A

Hi, I just read your excellent Emotional Microprocessor stories. Those are very interesting. My...

Hi, I just read your excellent Emotional Microprocessor stories. Those are very interesting. My start in microprocessors was the ELF2 kit which used the RCA CDP1802 CPU. It was great to program as a first trainer. I think it is still in production for controls.
  17. A

I'm going to buy a bunch of 5.25" MD1 floppies and try to format those. Maybe we can swap software with floppies the old fashioned way.
  18. A

PDP-11 Qbus Cards and Peripherals

The prices were on a different system. Here are the prices: M8192 CPU tested $216, M8192 CPU not tested $120, M8059 RAM $54, H9278-A backplane $200, plus shipping from 04105. I believe I also have a DECNA ethernet card and another different back plane.
  19. A

Vtech Laser 386SX/2E

Good idea. I'll post a photo when I get from travel. What exactly is a Dallas RTC module? I saw reference to this on youtube.
  20. A

PDP-11 Qbus Cards and Peripherals

I have the following PDP-11 Qbus cards and bus items I will be selling: M7504 DEQNA ethernet card, (2) KDJ11-A CPU cards, M8067 128k RAM, M8017 serial line interface card, BA214 Qbus back plan, H9278-A Qbus back plane, 5014144C 128k PAR/CSR. Prices on request. I will be traveling for a few days.
Back