• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Looking for the datasheet for the Qlogic ISP1040(B) SCSI controller

I'm looking for the datasheet for the Qlogic ISP1040(B). I don't mean the 4 page PDF that's just around, I'm looking for the datasheet of the chip itself so I can design a board that uses the chip. Does anyone happen to have this? Thank you!
  2. T

MIPS ARCSystem Magnum 4000PC-50 LSI Logic L1A7385 Prototype

Well, after a disastrous attempt at repair by me I eventually sent the board out to a professional repair place. Got the SCSI controller socketed and replaced by a new model and it appears to have solved the issue. The DMA controller gets really hot when doing a SCSI stress test, but perhaps...
  3. T

Western Europe Wanted: MIPS Magnum PC4000 or SC4000, or only a motherboard.

Hello everyone, First of all, I'm not looking for a free machine. I'm happy to pay. I'm looking for a MIPS Magnum PC4000 or SC4000, ideally a whole system but just a motherboard would also work. I've been working on various programs for the ARC firmware (I've ported newlib and doom to it!) :)...
  4. T

Alright, I tried a couple of things: * Installed a 3Com Etherlink-III in the machine * Downloaded a file of 20MB of random noise from one machine through the 3com interface (to a RAM disk) * md5sum comparison between the files * Installed a transceiver on the built-in SONIC ethernet *...
  5. T

The the floppy drive uses DMA as well, but the linux driver for the Jazz floppy controller seems to have bitrotted a bit and some quick hacking didn't fix it. Trying ethernet might be a good idea though, that's also DMA driven.
  6. T

Yeah, it could be the DMA controller as well, possibly the cpu as well. If you have other ideas I'd love to hear them!
  7. T

I wrote a little program that users O_DIRECT access to the SCSI drive and after not too long it'll begin writing nonsense to the drive. It starts with some extra zeroes in between good data, and after a while just zeroes. I'm pretty confident at this point that the SCSI controller chip is...
  8. T

I've installed Linux on the magnum now, still seeing some instability issues but maybe now I can get some more information as to what is actually wrong. I have a serial console now, so perhaps Linux kernel will panic or oops in a way that's a bit more useful than a bsod.
  9. T

Yeah, I agree. I suspect the scsi controller chip. It has a weird shiny mark on it that people seem to agree with me is likely a burn spot. I bought some chipquick, a new FAS216 chip and a PLCC-84 socket. I'm going to try to replace it and see what happens. Did you manage to replace your CPU...
  10. T

Auch! I hope you managed to clean it all off! As for the stability of my system, the different ram didn't really help, still got a new bluescreen.
  11. T

This is the badge on the case of my magnum. Do yours say SC50 by any chance? I'd still be very interested in buying one off of you if you're selling. I'm trying to get some information on this system together online, and get the sound hardware working in qemu and/or MAME. Since I'm still not...
  12. T

Short update: I installed 128MB of ram from a tested source and it seems more stable in NT now, but that might simply be because now it doesn't have to swap nearly as much. I also wrote a disk check for arc that writes and reads to a 10mb file with several patterns which didn't find any issues...
  13. T

I think I can help with that, I think that is how the heatsinks are supposed to be connected. If the heatsink is attached to the CPU the clips can very easily touch some CPU pins. There should be a little notch in the legs of the cooler, insert a screwdriver in those notches and very carefully...
  14. T

For doom not yet as there's also a port of newlib that needs to go with that, and i haven't cleaned it all up yet. I will though! The doom port probably won't work on the Tyne as arc doesn't offer graphics support ARCDoom basically has a "driver" for the g364 framebuffer. I think the Tyne uses...
  15. T

Oh wow, you have three of them? I don't suppose you'd be interested in selling one to me with a normal board? 😄
  16. T

I recently came in possession of a MIPS ARCsystem Magnum 4000PC-50 but it is acting a little weirdly. It appears quite unstable in Windows NT4 and its behavior in the ARC runtime. For instance the ARC runtime on my Magnum will not reliably execute MIPS-II based ECOFF files that I produced...
Back