• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

What is this external Tandy Floppy drive and whats it work with?

Those proprietary external drives are really a pain. Nothing will ever beat good old MicroSolutions Backpack drives on the parallel port.
  2. S

Moving files around.

I've never done this myself, I only use it with FreddyV's driver loaded from config.sys, but it seems that it can be done with a specific BIOS ROM:
  3. S

Moving files around.

By the way, for those who need a 3d-printed slot cover for their CH375 card: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6204804 Worked just fine for me!
  4. S

Moving files around.

Make sure to use FreddyV driver at https://github.com/FreddyVRetro/CH375-USB-DRIVER instead of the driver provided on the disc It makes reading and copying files so much faster!
  5. S

Moving files around.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394186543782
  6. S

Moving files around.

Actually you can plug USB keys with an ISA to USB adapter board (CH375). You can get one on Aliexpress or eBay. It's my preferred option when it comes to moving files and it's also one of the cheapest.
  7. S

Moving files around.

I've got one and I absolutely love it. Thanks to the jumpers, you can configure the card exactly as you want (address, IRQ). I've tested it in XTs and ATs and it works just great with mTCP. Make sure to use the modified NE2000 driver for 8-bit slots!
  8. S

MicroSolutions 190130 CD-ROM BACKPACK notes in 2024 (vs SDLPT)

Well, I guess it depends on your usage. Personally, I prefer to have them on separate ports of a parallel data switch. Having the SDLPT attached to the Backpack CDROM would actually require the latter to be always turned on when I want to use the former, but I never use both of them at the same...
  9. S

DOS applications not finding SoundBlaster Pro

I guess you have the original KQ I, I mean the AGI-engine version. The OP mentioned they have the 1989 release (most likely 1990) which is the SCI-engine version and a remake of the original KQ with better graphics and support for sound cards. SCI games used to have a setup / install program...
  10. S

The version I have actually has a setup program (install.exe). There is a menu for the music selection with "Sound Blaster / AdLib" and "Sound Blaster card" being two distinct options. My guess is that the first one is for pure Adlib (OPL2) at 388h and the second one for Soundblaster at 220h in...
  11. S

Did you try to select Adlib instead of SoundBlaster in KQ I SCI setup program? Maybe an IRQ issue. It's worth trying OPL2 alone.
  12. S

If this can be of any help, I have a MicroSolutions Backpack 167550 (x32), it works just fine on both an 8088 XT (MS-DOS 3.21, LPT1 at 378h or LPT2 at 278h) and a 286 XT (MS-DOS 3.30, LPT2 only at 278h as LPT1 at 378h is a Tandy 1000 card edge port) but the driver must be loaded with the DEVICE...
  13. S

I'm pretty confident the problem does not come from ISA cards having both a graphics adapter and a parallel port. My guess is that it's more about LPT1 being mandatory as well as the 378h address. As a matter of fact, when my 5170 still had the MDA/LPT card with LPT1 at 3BCh, I tried to install...
  14. S

Same issue here on an IBM PC AT 5170 with a genuine IBM MDA/LPT card which defaults to 3BCh for LPT1. I edited SDDRV.SYS with an hex editor and found out that 378h was hard coded. I tried to change it to 3BCh, sadly without any success. I ended up removing the MDA/LPT card (I also have an EGA...
Back