• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Book 8088 ISA expansion Adapter as A regular expansion for systems with riser boards?

Sorry this is a revisit of an older post I made recently... but I think now this is a bit more direct, now that I have something in my hand. No other MFG I talked to would help me out that were recommended in the old post. Sooo...... I am working with an IBM Model 30 8086 system. Which has...
  2. J

Model 30 - New front bezels for GoTek Floppy Emulator and USB Panel header

Worked with A friend of mine to come up with these. GoTek Floppy Emulator Bezel Cover @ https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6219572 Front USB Panel Bezel Cover @ https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6221068
  3. J

IBM Model 30 - Power supply hack job and half...

I know I am not the first or last to probably do this, but was fun to anyways, so thought I'd share .... My 2nd IBM Model 30 I got last week, the power supply died last night. Ordered an ATX to AT adapter and Converter to get -5 volt out from Amazon and it was at my door step by lunch time. (...
  4. J

IBM PS2 Model 30 - 8086 - XT-CF-lite boot issues.

Greetings. I have A two IBM Model 30 systems. Both have NEC V30 CPU upgrade,8900D video card, CH375 ISA>USB Card and the GoTek Flash Floppy setup. I have the PS2XT2SD in one system for weeks which has worked great. I have another one coming but for now was going to try the preassembled...
  5. J

IBM Model 30 - 3D printed new front panels for GoTek and USB panel header.

Using the GoTek Floppy Emulator I wanted A better fit. Also with the CH375 card, since it has A spot for A USB header, I soldered on 90 degree header to wire it up to A USB Panel header I got off Amazon. Got tired of the old reach around for the USB Thumb Drive. So worked with A friend to come...
  6. J

IBM Model 30 - 8530-021 - Upgrade help...

I got an IBM Model 30 from A friend who was cleaning out his parents house to sell. This would be the 8086 model. It was his when we were kids. It is in mostly mint condition. Hardly any dust or anything. Only issue I can tell right now, is hard drive was dead. Heads were scraping the...
Back