• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Some BBC Love from the USsa

I always thought it was powdered graphite that was tightly compacted but it makes sense since there was a spring that pushed it down. Maybe a highly compressed powder that would break off easily.
  2. N

I've not actually got it out of the box it came in yet. I don't have space until I do some cleaning up. I was concerned about the ink also and wondered if graphite would do the trick. I'm not sure what they used in the original. In fact, I'm not even sure how it worked. I know there's a spark...
  3. N

Any options for broken keycaps?

Thanks, I'll take a look.
  4. N

I'm late to the party but I'm another US based BBC B owner. I moved here in 1996 but I left all my computer stuff at my parents house and I eventually told them to get rid of it. The BBC was going bad and who needs 8 bit technology anyway? Worse decision of my life. Not thinking about it, it had...
  5. N

Any options for broken keycaps?

As I mentioned, my wife knocked the Osborne 1 keyboard on the floor and 4 keys broke off. I've received a replacement keyboard kit since it was broken anyway (seems like a key was auto-repeating and making the screen flash). Any option to fix/repair/replace these? Maybe someone replaced their...
  6. N

Osborne Keyboard identification

Yup, would definitely like one.
  7. N

I paypal you money for part + shipping - you ship part. Kinda easy :)
  8. N

Do you sell off-ebay so we don't have to deal with their ridiculous overheads ? If I had seen this I'd have held off on that gotek adaptor and saved on shipping.
  9. N

My wife knocked the keyboard off the table breaking 4 keys so it looks like I have no alternative but to buy a new keyboard but I don't see any on Fleabay. Does anyone have either an original or replacement keyboard for sale? It would need to be a US keyboard. Thanks.
  10. N

Osborne 1 + Gotek Floppy Emulator SUCCESS!

The makerspace near me has some stupid high monthly cost, imho. They won't even tell you any more how much is it before you create a profile.
  11. N

Osborne 1 screen flash

So I wanted to strip this keyboard down, suspecting the membrane. Not sure sure where to go. I can pop they keycaps off and then there's a black cover that appears stuck down. I had a peek but don't see any screws. Are the back of the keys really melted to the board? There must be an...
  12. N

Thanks but I don't have a 3d printer. I did order a $5 bit that looks like it should fit that should do the job. If not then maybe I'll try and find someone who can print one for me. Thanks.
  13. N

Osborne 1 screen flash

Hugo, thanks for all that. I actually went and ordered the recap kit from Console5 as suggested by mbliss11. I hope I did the right thing.
  14. N

Osborne 1 screen flash

I pulled the ribbon cable off the keyboard and started testing each pin and got quite a few that had continuity. Are there any that should or it is expected that all pin connections are open. If they're all supposed to be open then I'll hit it with my hot air gun. I really don't see an option to...
  15. N

Old thread, but does anyone have one of these for sale? I don't need 5...or even 3 :) Rather buy direct than over the top fleabay prices. Thanks.
  16. N

Osborne 1 screen flash

Good to know. I'll check it out tonight. Nope. Seems not. Yeah that was me. I don't want to go halves with myself :)
  17. N

Osborne 1 screen flash

Good to know. Thanks.
  18. N

Osborne 1 screen flash

Thanks all. Unless I can get the keyboard sorted, there will be no progress, I fear. That said, I've ordered a gotek from Amazon since it's free delivery so I just need the adapter. I'm still hopeful that someone will have a spare so I don't have to get a minimum amount from OSHPark.
  19. N

Osborne 1 gotek adapter

Hi all, Does anyone have one for sale? I looked at the OSH site linked to by Wayne and it seems they minimum quantity is 3, and I just need one! Will pay shipping, of course. If anyone also has a gotek I'd be happy to buy that so I'm not paying separate shipping. Thanks,
  20. N

Osborne 1 screen flash

Hi all, I just picked up an Osborne 1 and it's a lot different from most that I've seen on the internet. It seems to have an early serial number but on the screen it says OZROM 1E #00187 (c) 1984 Micro Management. I assume this is because it appears to have the 80 column upgrade. It also has...
Back