• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. X

Gateway P4D-100 Turbo hotkeys?

So I've got this Gateway with a Turbo indicator but no button. In other threads I've read that these models have keyboard shortcuts you can use to turn the turbo on or off. I saw someone mention CTRL-ALT-Numpad- or CTRL-ALT- Numpad+ but those do not work for me. No hints in the BIOS. Anyone...
  2. X

Recommended PS/2 optical mice for DOS?

I got this cheap Perixx PS/2 optical mouse for use on my 486. I was running the open source CTMOUSE driver for the past few weeks and never had any issues, but for some strange reason today the mouse started acting wonky. It seems that it will randomly get confused and treat x/y axis movements...
  3. X

Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro + Win 3.11 default display modes?

I'm having trouble getting this thing to work under Win 3.11. I have both the generic S3 ViRGE drivers and the Diamond v1.01 driver installed. If I select the Stealth 3D driver, it tries to boot Windows into 640x480 @ 73hz, according to my monitor, which just gives a black screen because the...
  4. X

Symphony IDE controller??

Hi! I'm a newbie here, just getting into retro PC builds. I recently acquired a Gateway 2000 486DX4/100 machine. It has a WD Caviar 2340 Intelligent AT drive, a NEC CD-260 CD-ROM drive, and this odd little IDE controller by Symphony (photo of an identical model I found on a Google search is...
Back