• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Information on an ATI EGA Wonder dongle thingy?

Sheesh, would be nice to have… what’s stopping anyone from reverse engineering these? (besides the time and money).
  2. A

Information on an ATI EGA Wonder dongle thingy?

Heyo, Not sure what it's called, but the manual for the ATI EGA Wonder says that it's compatible with the Compaq Portable using an "optional expansion module". Does anyone have any information, pictures, schematics, etc about said module? Thanks!
  3. A

Help with Borland C++

The version 3.5 you found online works! I'll still try compiling it anyways, I get an error of sorts that says "Hidden Line Removal not supported in LITE version".
  4. A

Help with Borland C++

Thank you!! This was very helpful. I’m not home at the moment but I’ll update my progress when I’m back :)
  5. A

Help with Borland C++

Not sure if this goes here or in software but… Anyways, I wanted to find a version of Gnuplot that works with an 8088, and the oldest version hosted on the SourceForge doesn’t seem to (3.7.3). I email some people, they tell me that I should rebuild my own version given the tarballs they provide...
  6. A

Gif Viewer for 8088?

Welll in a perfect world it would be nice to see some sort of animated loop of images (not necessarily a gif) as a fun demonstration. I didn’t have a set number of images or color depth in mind, just thought I’d make a post about it in case someone had any ideas. 640x200x2 works for me! I’ve...
  7. A

Looking for CompuShow 9.04b

Thanks! Yea, I tried emailing the company as well and nothing so far…
  8. A

Gif Viewer for 8088?

No worries, it’s probably about time I learn some sort of code given my interest in these old machines.
  9. A

Gif Viewer for 8088?

I’m attempting to pimp out my Compaq Portable with some applications and whatnot, wanted to know if there’s some sort of program to display image sequences in a loop. I’ve read of BLOAD being able to display binary images, but my coding knowledge is null. I’m also aware of the XDC codec, but it...
  10. A

Help with setting up a modem card

That doesn’t work either. Either BUSY or NO CARRIER
  11. A

whoops, I didn’t realize there was a command to turn the volume up. I’ve done so and recorded the result. Unfortunately, X2 and X4 give the same results of dialing, displaying “BUSY”, pausing, and trying again. I tried dialing my personal phone without the +1, and it does the same thing too. As...
  12. A

I unplugged what I assumed to be the modem, an Arris TM1602, and the phone line still worked. No offense taken! I was born in 2002, so I do know of dialing +1 beforehand. The video is a bit large in size, so if it’s okay, I’ve made a wetransfer link with it. https://we.tl/t-plXKyTdbay
  13. A

LCD mod for a Compaq Portable?

Nice find! I’m guessing the card is a bit overpriced for what it is. With that being said, is there a modern day power alternative for an original Compaq Portable? I remember hearing about a Pico ATX adapter that could be used, but I can’t find it anymore.
  14. A

All good answers! I do admit, I know nothing about phone lines and whatnot. I could take a photo of all the cables and boxes in my garage, but that might not help?
  15. A

No dice. Would a video help? I could write down everything that happens but that would be a lot
  16. A

not sure if this may help, but here are the settings it’s giving me (I haven’t changed any of them)
  17. A

I tried calling my personal phone number from the card and it still gave me the BUSY message.
  18. A

I tried a few more numbers, some gave me a busy signal and some said the call could not be completed, please try again. The card does seem to work though. I tried calling one of the numbers (Keep BBS, 503-852-3170) on a landline phone and the dial up beeps and boops were there.
  19. A

Heyo, I have a Practical Peripherals PM9600 (V.32/V.42bis) and I’m not entirely sure how to use it? I can’t find much about it on the internet and don’t know what settings to choose for it. I’ve seen many different modem init strings and the default settings of baud rate:9600, data bit:8, stop...
Back