• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

PC-Retro Design Files ( IBM 5150 Clone )

Hi @mmruzek. I had the privilege of buying the kit from you a couple of years ago and I'm still fully using it. I really appreciate this contribution to the community!
  2. S

MS-DOS 4.0(1) Opensource on Github

Source is released under MIT license, so you can use it with no issues. Calling it MS-DOS would be a different thing, probably not permitted due to trademark law.
  3. S

Micro 8088 - Kits Interest

I would also like option #3, provided that you're able to ship it to me (Lima, Peru) using registered mail or similar (plain first class mail won't do it).
  4. S

Burned an IC on the Seagate ST-412. How to find a replacement IC or at least recognize the right IC?

I've never seen any chip having that kind of damage unless it was a gross overvoltage. Even 12V on a TTL wouldn't cause that. Something else must have gone very wrong there. If that's the case, it's very likely that all other chips in the system are also dead. I suggest you first check the...
  5. S

IBM 6160 wont boot with memory expansion installed.

In which slot are they inserted? Also, which other cards are you using? Specially the FDC and, if you're using one, any hard disk controller. Remember that slot 8 is special and shouldn't be used unless the card specifically supports it and it's jumpered as it should be for slot 8.
  6. S

IBM 6160 wont boot with memory expansion installed.

Can you provide these details: - Which card are in the system? - In which slots are they?
  7. S

Mega-Bios project - Release 1.0

Agree. That has since been updated. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  8. S

I wrote a more extensive article about this on my blog, just in case somebody wants more details: https://sergioaguayo.name/2024/02/21/dtc-mega-bios/
  9. S

Truevision TARGA+ half populated VRAM, possible to populate remainder?

Are you sure it's actually meant to add another set of SIP chips and not a second footprint to put DIPs instead of SIPs?
  10. S

Today we're announcing the first release of Mega-Bios. Yes, this is DTC's Mega-Bios, whose source listing was just recently uncovered by our very own FinnJorgensen! After a huge collaborative effort between FinnJorgensen, 640KB, and myself, we're happy to announce that our first public release...
  11. S

Display Telecommunications Corporation "Megaboard".

You're absolutely right. I'll check how the BIOS expects the switches and update accordingly. What surprises me is that it boots so fast. Makes me wonder if it's actually doing any memory test at all. However it did detect 640KB. Also, just verified that it doesn't respond to SW1 5 and 6. So I'm...
  12. S

Here are some pictures of the experiment: Initial screen, with the checksum error code (001): BIOS splash screen while it's trying to boot from floppy: Boot error from floppy (no diskette was present at this time): Successful boot from XT-IDE: I tried reproducing the video test failure...
  13. S

I just ran the BIOS on a IBM 5150. I must report an almost full success! It's complaining about the ROM checksum, but otherwise everything works flawlessly. My configuration is: - IBM 5150 motherboard, fully populated with 256KB of RAM, V20 processor, no 8087 - IBM CGA card, monitor connected...
  14. S

Awesome! Merged! I have updated BUILD.BAT, MBLINK, and MBLOC with DOS-style line endings so it works straight away in real MS-DOS. Also, I have included @FinnJorgensen's changes in the "original" branch. Since there are, in some cases, code issues, I'll merge that into the master. It will cause...
  15. S

You asked for it and you got it: https://github.com/sergioag/megabios I've imported all the history of the finn640kb directory. What you added is in the "master" branch. I'll create a branch called "original" where the goal is to be exactly as the source listing (doesn't matter if it builds or...
  16. S

Problems with the Book 8088

I've tried removing its video card and using an external CGA (IBM original) card and worked fine. Haven't tried with the PGC though. Haven't used it for a couple of years now.
  17. S

Thanks for the PR! I have merged it. This made me think... I use this repo "dosstuff" for stuff which may be interesting, but doesn't involve a lot of collaboration (if any). If this starts to take off, I'll create its own repo so we can all collaborate into it, plus have a branch for historical...
  18. S

That would be great! You may also want to check this version, which I made it to assemble with MASM 5: https://github.com/sergioag/dosstuff/tree/master/dtcpcbios/masm It's a quick and dirty hack, but it helped me a lot to figure out typos in the code. At this point it's only missing linking.
  19. S

I just made a fairly large update in mine. About 46 typos found :) You may want to check again. This should take care of all name errors and similar, but not number errors though.
  20. S

It's from Finn's PDF + manually correcting. No objections, though I think it would be better to compare and fix your versions, given that you have already built it. I bet yours has less bugs than mine :) You mean like invoking the structs and adding "Bios Code Segment At 0F000H" in some...
Back