• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Trouble Creating P70 Reference Diskette

Thanks, I know about the ADF files and the need to resolve the 2 config errors first. I first need a working floppy drive and a good reference disk. I removed the drive from the P70, located the tiny caps (and the polarity of 3), but couldn't see how to remove the flywheel to access the...
  2. M

Maybe the RAM card will kick in after I clear the 2 config errors. I will still need the 3 Comm card to be added to the reference disk.
  3. M

I can't remember if the RAM card needed a reference file. Although the P70 isn't configured yet, it does count up the 8M before issuing the 2 config errors. Do the extra RAM kick in via a DOS config file? It's been longer than 15 years for me. A 32 bit 20Mhz bus, slow yes, but the same width...
  4. M

I guess a few photos of the portable would be OK. I have a history with this machine as I supported it during it's professional career back in the day. I ended up keeping it for a small sum, which was a bargain over it's original price. I may still have the original paperwork somewhere, but...
  5. M

Glad to be here.
  6. M

Could you elaborate on the new drives and reconfiguration?
  7. M

Thanks for the reply. I have been running WinImage as Administrator, but something else happened. The old adage that as soon as you ask for help with something, that something starts working. WinImage ran without an error message, so I think I may have a good P70 Reference diskette now. Now...
  8. M

Hi everyone. I'm trying to resurrect a P70 and I need to recreate the reference diskette. I downloaded the zip file from this site, installed the WinImage program and I always get either one or multiple "Disk error on track X, head 1, etc." Is there a trick to doing this? I'm using a Dell...
Back