• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Western Europe FS Ultra 45

Slightly odd one - so I have an Sun Ultra 45 for sale which is complete except for a CPU and heatsink. This was removed to repair another system. The system works fine with a CPU fitted, NVRAM is good, memory and disk are good. The case is OK, there is a mark on the top and a small dint on the...
  2. S

Western Europe Looking for a Sun PS2->Sun keyboard adapter 370-2068

They are hard to find at a reasonable price.
  3. S

DEC units on ebay

Let me know 😀
  4. S

Western Europe HP7510A Photoplotter

Well this looks intriguing. I'm in the UK.
  5. S

DEC units on ebay

Nice to see some bigger machines available. I'm over the pond so not realistic, but hopefully we will get some 11's coming up in the UK.
  6. S

Western Europe ASR-33 parts

I recently picked up a fully functional ASR-33 teletype. It has recently been reconditioned and works really nicely. However the plastic 'shroud' that covers the electronics etc is badly cracked and suffering from the 'brittle plastic' effect. I'm keen to replace this with something that is a...
  7. S

Starting up a PDP 8/e

Thanks for that tip - I may give that a try.
  8. S

Starting up a PDP 8/e

Its that time of year, and my latest project is to try and restore a pdp 8/e to its former glory. Hardware is all clean, but the first job in hand is to get he PSU working. This was powered up 4-5 years ago without issue, but I want to be careful. I've removed all cards from system, so looking...
  9. S

Paper tape spindles

Excellent that should be easy to sort.
  10. S

Paper tape spindles

Thanks - appreciate that.
  11. S

Paper tape spindles

Thanks - I can give that a try. Also thanks for the mail list link :)
  12. S

Paper tape spindles

Thanks - and thanks for the links I wonder - it would be a relatively simple part Im guessing.
  13. S

Paper tape spindles

I'm new to the world of paper tape after recently acquiring a rather wonderful type 33 teletype. This is in working condition and I have all the consumables except seemingly a spindle for the paper tape roll. Any idea what I can use for this?
  14. S

Western Europe WTB spindle for paper table roll

Bit of a stange/obscure one. I'm looking for a spindle for the paper tape spool for use with a type 33 teletype. I've managed to source some paper tape, but the spindle is proving tricky.
  15. S

Western Europe WTB Memory expansion for IBM AT 5170

That's right - 128K would be great to get the full 640K, and any expansion on that would be great.
  16. S

Western Europe WTB Memory expansion for IBM AT 5170

I have a nice working IBM AT 5170 with 512K. I'd like to expand the memory a bit as I'm continually hitting the memory limits. If anyone has anything that would work in a 5170 I'm interested :-) Thanks!
  17. S

SunPC 4.2 hangs at Starting MS-DOS...

I tried all the above with my SunPC card but no luck. It looks like there is a hardware fault on the board. I tested the 586 on a PC motherboard and it was fine. Note without the board fitted SunPC works fine (under emulation) but with the board it crashes immediately. Its a pretty hard crash as...
  18. S

DEC units on ebay

Some really interesting machines coming out of the woodwork these days. I've seen a few rare systems over the past months, even some in the Europe. I have a hunch that the price of vintage systems peaked a few years back now, as I see systems hanging around on the auction sites for months...
  19. S

Western Europe Looking for a Sun PS2->Sun keyboard adapter 370-2068

Looking for an original Sun PS2->keyboard adapter. These are a small box with a lead (to plug into the Sun keyboard socket) and a couple of PS2 style sockets. This is needed for a Sun 3 as the later Belkin and similar adapters just dont work properly with the older models. I have one of the...
Back