• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Non cbm datarecorders

Hi people, Have anyone heard about a datasette interface for the C64 that allowed you to use a standard tape recorder. Yesterday, I co-worker give me one of this. It was produced locally when the C64 fever started. It plugs in the cass port and has three wires to connect to...
  2. S

80"s Technology and CBM

Hi people, I saw a nice report in the History Channel, which talked about the 80"s technology. In the report they underlined the labor of Apple and Intel. The image of the 80"s computer which Histoy decided to show to our today"s young people was the Apple II and the IBM PC. Ok, they were icons...
  3. S

Searching for $ ... Forever !!!!

Hi people, Today, apart from my defective 64 =((((((( I noticed a failure in the C64 from my brother (a Drean Commodore) which I've finished two weeks ago. We put a working 1541 and after typing LOAD "$",8, the C64 puts: "SEARCHING FOR $", but the red led doesn't turn on. Also, them motor...
  4. S

What does a fast loader cartridge do ?

Hi people !!! Still with a defective C64, I've just wondered that if I plug a fast load cartridge (the one I'm using is called "SPARKS") the normal C64 startup message appears and the "F-LOAD" text appears after the "READY" Without the cartridge, the C64 won't work. It shows the typical blue...
  5. S

I can't repair my c64 - strange failure

Hi people ! Still trying to bring my C64 to life again. When I bougth this one (it's the second I have) it was suppossed to be fully working, but it doesn't work at all. The failure is very strange, since it isn't the clasic blank screen, o garbage caracters. Instead of this, when I turn on...
  6. S

PAL COMMODORE WITH 14 Mhz Xtal ????¿?¿¿?¿

Hi people, I've just bought a C64 PAL-N, which was manufactured by Drean in my country (so it's a Drean-Commodore). I't the second PAL C64 I have from Drean and both have 14.318 Mhz XTAL. I can't understand this. It's supossed that PAL need a 17.7 Mhz XTAL. At first, I though that some repairer...
  7. S

OUT OF MEMORY IN 0 - Simple test ?

Hello !!! My name is Pedro, and this is my first post in the forum. I've bougth a C64 as gift for my brother birthday. He is a C64 fan, but he has been using vice since our previous C64 hadf crashed. Finally I decided to buy another. This Commodore was made in USA (NTSC). When I first turn on...
Back