• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Opening an IBM PS/1 Monitor

With usual caveats about safety, anyone had any experience opening the combined power supply/monitor that accompanies the series 2011/2121 IBM PS/1? Security screws removed, and no obvious other things to do... are there hidden plastic clips?
  2. P

Micro-history of 1982-era IBM 5150 brochures

There are a number of sites online which have scanned in the tri- or quad-fold brochures that IBM produced to promote the 5150 PC. My family saved their copies of these documents from our own 1982 purchase, and upon reviewing them recently I discovered that ours are dated a bit earlier than...
  3. P

Los Angeles / Southern California stores or warehouses

A new transplant to LA, I'm curious if anyone knows of any warehouses/ surplus /vintage stores or other venues. For comparison purposes, I'm thinking of RE-PC in Seattle or WierdStuff in Silicon Valley. Any tips would be appreciated...
  4. P

PS/1 (and PS/2) Floppies -- battery dependency

The problems of replacing PS/2 and PS/1 batteries are well-covered on this page: http://www.tavi.co.uk/ps2pages/battery.html ... but what may not be as well known are the problems that having a bad battery can cause with other components. I had a PS/1 (Model 2011 - early, proprietary design)...
Back