• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Altair Disk Routines

Marty

Veteran Member
Hi All;
I have an Altair 8800 system , with an Altair Disk Drive, and with a new floppy disk from some members of this forum, (THANK YOU !!!) I have no software, other than the Boot EProm, that came with it....
Does ANYone have any Routines that I can put into the machine to test the Disk Drive, before I get a disk with something on it and trash it out.... So I am looking for test routines for this machine, to test the Disk Controller and Drive..... and does anyone have a listing of the i/o of the controller and what does which...
THANK YOU Marty

Marty

Veteran Member
Disk routines

Disk routines

Hi All;
I have tried some of the Disk Routines from the Eprom and so far I have found how to enable and unenable the drive and load head and unload head. I am going to try some of the other ports with different bits set from the Eprom and see what I can discover.... :) :)
THANK YOU Marty

Marty

Veteran Member
disk routines

disk routines

Hi all;
THANK YOU to Andrew Lynch, :) :D :) :D I NOW have the Manual for this Board and the test routines for it, and will be checking it out , and going thru the routines.... :cool: :cool: :cool:
THANK YOU Marty