• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ampro Littleboard Plus - Mdisk

cellarcat

Does anyone know where I could get info about Terry Hazen's Mdisk card for the Ampro Littleboard? I have done multiple searches on the Internet and can only find obscure references in the BP Bios manual. Apparently BP was run on the Ampro LB with banked memory using the Mdisk. It would be nice to find the schematics. FWIW I am running my LB Plus with 2 Gotek simulated FD drives and two 5.25 floppy drives. One of the Goteks has 96 tpi images in DOS format which makes moving software to the Ampro from my MAC M1 really easy using the Dos disk utility on the Ampro and the HFX simulator on the Mac. I use the other Gotek as the boot floppy. The hard drive is a Scsi2SD card. It all makes for a very quiet and reasonably fast setup.

I'm glad it is useful reference for you. I am no searching sleuth; I cut and pasted this fragment from your message "Terry Hazen's Mdisk card for the Ampro Littleboard" and searched on that. Part 2 of the article came up and I browsed through that, which was mostly about the driver software. Then I changed the "30" in the url to "29" to see if the previous volume had part 1 of the article. It did, but I did not read it through and, now, I see the schematic.

There seems to be a nice [complete?] set of "The Computer Journal" there. It, apparently started out in 1983 [as The Computer Hacker] and looks like a pretty interesting publication. He includes a collected TOC for the publication which gives you a pretty good idea of the wide range of topics. That is Bill Kibler's site and it contains a lot of interesting material - check it out.

I have been trying to train myself to go on these little browsing exercises instead of browsing the news or the tube or the bay and, like in this case, they have a higher pay off. So, I learned a bit about MDISK and I found a new (to me) reference site. Glad to help and glad to find a new reference.

Back