• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple ][ clone (Micro ][ - base 48)

bugman2112

Experienced Member
I just purchased the apple ][ clone Micro ][ - base 48. Just curious if anyone had any literature on it. Don't figure it will be to difficult to figure out, but all I can find on the internet are a few mentions of it but no details and none that look exactly like the one I purchased. It has the typical apple ][ case and keyborad shape, but the keys have applesoft word commands and statements on the frontside of each key. The power light says "upper lower case" which I assume means the character ROM has the full ASCII set (a good thing!)

Thanks....

In case anyone is interested, I received this computer a couple of days ago. It is my first apple clone and is actually pretty neat. It's your typical ][+ clone being that the case and the motherboard are nearly identical to a real ][+. The keyboard has the same number of keys, but many more of them are dual fuction to get close to the full ascii set. In addition, each key has an applesoft word on it. By pressing the ctrl and shift key with the other key, the whole word prints out. Cool, but not sure how much I will actually use that feature. The applesoft ROMS are exact copies. The autostart monitor is also exact except for the bytes corresponding to the "MICRO ][" boot screen rather than "APPLE ][". The character generator is also different. I made copies of it and the autostart ROM for future fixes/projects. Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool so I am sharing the experience. This person still has several clones on ebay for very reasonable prices and include RAM cards and several extras so check him/her out if you are interested. search under apple clone.

Back