• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple II Software Question (Track Error)

jbtyler2

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone can help with this issue but I have an old copy of Oregon Trail on 3.5" disk for Apple II. I am trying to make a disk image of it to load on to my floppy emu but I am not having any luck. I am using ADTPro 2.1.1 to send the image but I am showing one error in the first 10 tracks of the disk when I try to image it. I have been working on this for a few months going as far as buying a different copy on ebay and trying it and it also has this error in the same place. My guess is it is some type of copy protection. I have also tried using two different machines. My daily driver is an Apple IIc with a 3.5" drive the second one is an Apple IIc+ both disks work fine when run in either machine. When I try to write the image back to a floppy disk it will copy but will not run. It shows only a black screen when the disk drive reads the disk. I have provided a link to the image that the ADTPro software made of the disk. I would be happy to send it via mail to someone that could help. I have a Kyroflux but do not have an apple 3.5" to connect to it. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_3567.jpg
    IMG_3567.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Oregon_Trail_3.5.zip
    164.7 KB · Views: 1
Look for a copy of Copy II Plus 8.3 or 9.0 with the 3.5 bitcopy program. It'll probably be able to copy the disk and may have an option to patch it for use on a hard drive.

Yes, Oregon Trail for the Apple II was copy-protected. I don't recall the details of the copy protection, but if you want a cracked version, it's available on archive.org. (That's a 5.25" version, however; it used both sides of the floppy.)

Actually, it would be really nice to get a 3.5" version up on archive.org; I presume that the entire game fits on a single floppy in that version?

Back