• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bill to da G stepping down!

Was on the news this morning. He's not leaving the company, just letting someone else do all the hard work so he can focus on his charity stuff.

Well, I would expect him to take a break, he's been the doing the rough stuff in his companies since 1975.

bbcmicro said:
Was on the news this morning. He's not leaving the company, just letting someone else do all the hard work so he can focus on his charity stuff.

In other words, stepping down :p! Not like I said he was stepping out of the ring :D!

Balmer has been CEO for years now. Maybe Gates is just tired of the bashing MS gets and having to answer questions on why Vista is late. Lets face it Gates built the biggest software company ever seen and has the biggest market share in a number of areas, its not like he can out do that, he can only see it fall apart. You might as well spend the rest of your life giving away money to charity then watch the company you founded slowly sink into oblivion from the drivers seat.

I'd think Bill is more an entrepreneur, visonary, pioneer. At this point, Microsoft is about as big as they can get without taking exceptional measures, and other than lawsuits, license quarrel and piracy, there is nothing challenging with heading the company on a day-to-day basis. I think when he left Balmer to be CEO, it was said Gates would work more in the R&D, with new concepts and products.

Back