• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CC-40+ on ebay

curtis

Veteran Member
Well, this is rather disturbing to me.

There was a CC-40+ listed. I mentioned it here in the auctions section for anyone who might have been interested. As I already have one, I wasn't too interested in it.

However, I did put an opening bid of $180 just to make sure it landed in a good home. Danged if I didn't win!

Now I have 2 and not sure what to do.

I know the same seller also has a hexbus floppy drive, a 99/2, and potentially a working wafertape coming up and I was more interested in the /2 and the wafertape than the 40+.

Still, I guess a spare wouldn't be a bad idea.

For what it's worth, I contacted the seller to see if he was going to sell the /2 anytime soon and he was so disappointed in the outcome of the 40+ he's decided to hold the/2 until the market and economy recovers a bit more.

He's also got a /4A hexbus adapter for sale with a BIN of $1200 or opening bid of $750. Little rich for my blood!

For a stock 40 you're right, that is entirely too much money.

However, for a engineering sample 40+(PLUS) with a cassette interface built in, it's significantly too low.

I've seen these go for close to $500 in the past.

That is WAAAAAAY too much money for a CC-40.

I've seen plenty of CC-40s in good condition with accessories, box, and manuals go for well under $100.

Actually, the seller with the 4A Hexbus adapter was a different individual--and it sold for the minimum bid too. That's actually a bit high for one of them, but not much, as they usually go in the $550 to $600 range. I'd considered bidding on the CC40+ but ended up not bidding due to wifely interference. . .

I don't think that many of those machines sell that often to have a real narrow range of price. Prices are set by the next highest bidder, and maybe enough people have them that they don't need to bid on another so stuff goes for minimum bid.

Yeah, I confused the hexbus adapter and the 40+. Still the 40+ owner told me he was watching the hexbus adapter auction.

In conversations with him he's decided to hold off on the 99/2, hexbus floppy, wafertape, and even the 99/8 for a while. He's probably going to go ahead with auctions on the more mundane stuff like the hexbus peripherals and some common cartridges.

He's also got around 20 /4A's and 3-4 PEB's he's probably going to be putting on the block.

If anyone is interested, his seller id is bcrandall. I've added him as one of my favorite sellers so I can easily track what he's got up.

He's a good seller too--I've bought a lot of items from him in the past. It will be interesting to see what the serial number of his /8 is--the highest number I've seen to date on a functional one is 135 (on one of the two I own), though I also have a motherboard with a good notation in the 250 range. That one doesn't have ery possible riser though--it is missing the one with the p-System GROMs.

180 Bucks for a CC40+. You got a bargain there! 1st time in ages I haven't searched online for one and then one turns up!!!

Remember missing out on a big CC40 bundle with R232 and Quick Disk Drive a few years back for a ridiculously low price of around £100.

Ah well maybe one day!

Back