• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest Combo Floppy Drive compatible with an IBM PS/1 2155-24M

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

tonyk

I've been having issues regarding the floppy drive for this machine. It originally came with a combo unit, but the original was unusable as there were black marks all over the connector board, so it was swapped with a standard 5.25" drive. However, I've been running into configuration issues with it, and there's only so many connectors on the motherboard so I'd have to find a different cable to also plug in a 3.5" drive anyway. I've got this feeling that this machine is configured to only work with a combo drive, and they have been increasingly harder to find, but I'll bet that I'll stop tripping a 662 POST code if one is connected to the unit.

I've been having issues regarding the floppy drive for this machine. It originally came with a combo unit, but the original was unusable as there were black marks all over the connector board, so it was swapped with a standard 5.25" drive. However, I've been running into configuration issues with it, and there's only so many connectors on the motherboard so I'd have to find a different cable to also plug in a 3.5" drive anyway. I've got this feeling that this machine is configured to only work with a combo drive, and they have been increasingly harder to find, but I'll bet that I'll stop tripping a 662 POST code if one is connected to the unit.
I had a type 2121. The fdd had no power connector but got it's power from the floppy cablecable

Back