• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Commodore 1525 Printer Ribbons

rittwage

Veteran Member
So I picked up a really nice, almost new looking, CBM 1525.

Turns out it basicallly *is* new- it still has the packing cover on the bar where the printer ribbon would go, but doesn't have a printer ribbon!

Normally, that would be fine, I can spend a few bucks on a ribbon, but holy crap- they want $50+ for these, plus $30 more in shipping from Germany.

It's not worth that to get it going!

Does anyone have an old one or something I can try to repair/re-ink?

I ended up just buying another printer that had a ribbon in it already, so hopefully I can make one of them work!

Thanks, though. If anyone has spares, I would still like one.

I ended up just buying another printer that had a ribbon in it already, so hopefully I can make one of them work!

Thanks, though. If anyone has spares, I would still like one.

I was just about to ask if anyone had a source for these. I have a Gorilla Banana with a good ribbon, but the tab is broken on the right-side cartridge, so no way to keep the ribbon mounted. The Banana is supposed to have the same guts as the VIC-1525, Tandy DMP-100, Radio Shack LPVII, and the guts are all made by Seikosha. Does anyone have a source for ribbons for any of these printers?

The only posts I found here involved reinking, which is not what I need...yet. So, I bit the bullet and put in a best offer from that German eBay seller. His listing is for 2 ribbons at the price you mentioned. If I do get these, do you want one for what I pay, which at his current counteroffer price would be about $38?

Meanwhile, going to look into 3d printing a new module or clamping the broken one into place.

My latest offer was $35, and he just messaged me to verify which printer I have, so we might be about to make a deal. If we so, that would be about $32ea including shipping.

Back