• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cool Goodwill find today

willowmoon93

Experienced Member
Well I went to Goodwill late this morning before I went to work. Found these four games, complete in box, for the IBM PC.

* Amazon (I remember this one for the Apple II, it was a personal favorite.)
* Blockbuster (a lot like Arkanoid)
* The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings, need I say more?)
* Suspect (an Infocom text adventure that I always wanted to try, now I can!)

All for $2.99 USD each, wow! I think I came out ahead on that deal !! ;)

Well I went to Goodwill late this morning before I went to work. Found these four games, complete in box, for the IBM PC.

* Amazon (I remember this one for the Apple II, it was a personal favorite.)
* Blockbuster (a lot like Arkanoid)
* The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings, need I say more?)
* Suspect (an Infocom text adventure that I always wanted to try, now I can!)

All for $2.99 USD each, wow! I think I came out ahead on that deal !! ;)

Amazon and Suspect, holy crap those are great finds for $3 a piece.

Definitely great finds! Has goodwill gotten better? I have had a couple of small finds and one big one (Sega Saturn for $30). Seems like it is.

Must check out the west side GW soon.

Nathan

Definitely great finds! Has goodwill gotten better? I have had a couple of small finds and one big one (Sega Saturn for $30). Seems like it is.

Must check out the west side GW soon.

Nathan

Yeah I'm going back to Goodwill in a little bit to see if there are any other computer games out there, hopefully so!

Yeah I'm a little bitter still with the $3-$5 at goodwill since everything book and game used to be $1 here but yeah there are a few times I'll pick up a classic just to get the physical copy again.

I don't remember the Fellowship of the Ring game, but I remember the old War in Middle Earth (early PC) which was way too difficult for me in elementary school.

Well I've kept checking that particular Goodwill store these past few days to see if anything else was going to show up along those lines (older PC games), nothing so far. Dang.

But I did manage to get one of those "holy grail" items for the Atari 2600, a game called "Chase the Chuck Wagon." It was in a craigslist posting somewhat locally which was an Atari 2600 system, a Sears TeleGames arcade system (an Atari 2600 rebadged with the Sears label), around 30+ games, lots of controllers, all for $50 USD. I pounced on that one right away.

I tried out that "Fellowship of the Ring" game. It's kinda like, "eh." Not bad, but not great, either. Obviously "Suspect" & "Amazon" were the highlights!

Nice finds!

I've been checking the various second-hand stores in the area where I live, and about the best I've seen is a beat-up old monitor and a few keyboards.

I was kinda tempted to possibly put "Chase the Chuck Wagon" on ebay, but who knows when I'd run into something like that again "out in the wild", so to speak. Probably never, so I'm gonna hold onto it.

Can you believe it? I did find "Lords of Conquest" for the Commodore 64 at yet a different thrift store but only for a $1. Looks like it'd be fun, I really dig those strategy based games.

Back