• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Datamedia DT80, and Telex 078 restoration

Al Kossow

Documentation Wizard
any luck getting the firmware?
also, is there any chance the dt80 manual could be loaned to me to do a proper scan?

I got the tracking number for the ROMs. They will be here some time next week. They gotta go through customs. I just hope that if they do x-ray the package it doesn't damage the data on them.

Yes I can loan the manual to you. It's in mint condition. PM a mailing address.

Update: I got the ROMs in the mail. Here is my best attempts at reading them.

ROM1 didn't want to play nice at first, but I finally got a consistent read after some cleaning and using another ZIF socket between my TL-866 and the ROM.

I'm trying them out in my DT80 but it doesn't seem to work. For all I know it could be that the data was corrupted during shipping/reading, or there is a hardware difference I don't know about. But at least there is a copy of them now.

I also don't know if it's because I'm missing a keyboard and it just refuses to 'boot' without one. So that could be my problem.

After comparing my original ROMs to the 'good' ones, I found that my original ROM2 matches, but none of the others match except for ROM1 but only a byte here and there. Interesting failure mode. At least I'm almost certain that I have a good read now.

Last edited: