• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

*dead* Atari 400

You know I just get around to playing with my computers this weekend, and discover that my new Atari 400 is dead. Its recieving power, the tv chanels off, but the tv just stays black. I'm guessing its just a loose chip somewhere.

Does anyone have the specs. for the 400 so I can open it up and take a look? This really is my first broken Atari computer, so I don't know much of what to do.

Any takers? :eek:

I think I am having a similar problem. I recently bought an Atari 400, so that I could relive some moments of youth (my parents had an 800 when I was a kid), but when it arrived it looks to be in pretty poor shape. The power light illuminates, but I get no picture on the TV. :( I checked that link you sent, but the pictures for the 400 diagram are dead links. Any one got some experience they can share? I opened the case up and there did not seem to be any obvious damage from age, all the cables looked tight and secure, nothing looked burnt or desoldered, but I really do not know where to start, either, having never opened one up before.

Back