• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro + Win 3.11 default display modes?

Xenophage

I'm having trouble getting this thing to work under Win 3.11. I have both the generic S3 ViRGE drivers and the Diamond v1.01 driver installed.

If I select the Stealth 3D driver, it tries to boot Windows into 640x480 @ 73hz, according to my monitor, which just gives a black screen because the monitor only accepts 60hz and 75hz. Using the S3 driver, the 640x480 mode works, but none of the higher resolutions work. The standard VGA driver works as well.

Anyone with experience with these cards know how to modify the .ini files to get the Diamond driver to boot into a 60hz mode?

Make sure you have the Stealth 3D 2000 PRO drivers and not just the 3D 2000 ones (you can find them on VOGONs).

I would use an old CRT for testing since supported non interlaces modes might not be exactly 60 or 75 hz. From what I recall 60 should be the default but if you are a little under or over an LCD will not display while a CRT would.

Make sure you have the Stealth 3D 2000 PRO drivers and not just the 3D 2000 ones (you can find them on VOGONs).

I would use an old CRT for testing since supported non interlaces modes might not be exactly 60 or 75 hz. From what I recall 60 should be the default but if you are a little under or over an LCD will not display while a CRT would.
OMG! You are my hero. I was, in fact, using the 3D 2000 ones!
I'm a happy dude right now.

Thank you!

Back