• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

FORTRAN 66 for DOS by SuperSoft SS-SSS SmalSystemServices

pez

Hello.

I am looking for this software for years.

Would you consider, please, the case to have it and provide it to me?

Sincerely

Hello,

Not sure about this. There are some references, some very old.

Re what you're seeking, note that the 'Small System Services' may be a publisher, from some years ago. For the mag Compute! Not sure they were anything to do with languages. 'SuperSoft' did publish a FORTRAN, certainly for CP/M, DOS less clear?

Check the link http://www.z80.eu/for-compiler.html

One of references was saying the SuperSoft product was not recommended. Using one of the FORTAN 77 systems may be more reliable? Various products are listed, with links, which seem to work.

Some Germans active on sites there, try to get on there as info is current (2022). I can try to find more info there if needed??

Geoff

Hello.

Thank you!

This is very supporting, indeed.

Well, let me give you something in return : )

(1) CP/M-80 NewBrain Emulator:

(2) SS/SSS FORTRAN Compiler and Loader 3.20 in NewBrain Emulator 3_00B4:

(a ) SuperSoft CP/M-80 FORTRAN Test List:

(b) SuperSoft CP/M-80 FORTRAN Test List Results:

(3) SuperSoft CP/M-80 FORTRAN User's manual:

(4) According to this manual, its COMPLEX related capabilities -to which the most of interest lies of course- are the following:
(a) COMPLEX, CABS, REAL, AIMAG - tested and work
(b) CMPLX, CEXP, CONJ - tested but do not work
(c) CSIN, CCOS, CLOG, CSQRT - not tested

(5) SuperSoft DOS FORTRAN advertisement:

Finally, in my humble opinion, the reason for the vaporization of this FORTRAN, may be it is their outdated -even for that era, I think- charging policy, as it is described in p.1-2 of the aforementioned manual...

Sincerely,

pez

PS If there is some more interest in this matter, then additional, in general details exist at "8-bit and 64-bit FORTRAN 66 under w10p64":

PS2 By the way, I have to somehow correct my double fault in title, that is to put instead of the wrong "SmalSystemServices", the correct one "SmallSystemsServices"

Hello,

Not sure about this. There are some references, some very old.

Re what you're seeking, note that the 'Small System Services' may be a publisher, from some years ago. For the mag Compute! Not sure they were anything to do with languages. 'SuperSoft' did publish a FORTRAN, certainly for CP/M, DOS less clear?

Check the link http://www.z80.eu/for-compiler.html

One of references was saying the SuperSoft product was not recommended. Using one of the FORTAN 77 systems may be more reliable? Various products are listed, with links, which seem to work.

Some Germans active on sites there, try to get on there as info is current (2022). I can try to find more info there if needed??

Geoff

Back