• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

hard drive partitions

linemanduke

Veteran Member
i put a five gig drive in my 701c and formatted it and it showed the size as 1.992 gig i later figured out how to use fdisk and have made it finally show 5 gig but in three partitin one being 5 meg is there a way to pull these together or format it so it uses the whole disk instead of 1.992 gig sections?

If you are using DOS, normat FAT file system, no. FAT32 allows bigger than 2GB partitions. Really depends on what kind of operation system you are putting on there. If sticking with plain old MS DOS, 2GB is it. Win95B and Win98 support FAT32.

yeah but i dont want rid of it. i use the computer at school for word prossesing, excel ant notes...(well and when i get bored games ;) ) and standby is crutial so i dont have to turn it off and restart between classes or when i want to carge it but dont want all the running noise (it only charges with power on or on standby.)

oh and also the bios still tries to kick it into standby when you close the lid or at least did before the hard drive change it was the only broken "Fn" button NOW all but the brightness keys do what there supposed to

Back