• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help Identify this "single board computer"

tejones777

I'm trying to identify the little single-board computer in the attached photo. No, not the Kenbak-1 on the bottom. But the box on top of it, leaning against the red binder. Has a blue metal case, a fairly complex keyboard, and a likely 4+2 digit 7-segment led display, maybe even an audio or cassette interface on the upper right. So simple, suspect it's a z-80 based computer.

Anyone ever see this? Almost looks like this.... http://retro.hansotten.nl/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/20220104_133650-768x669.jpg at least a little bit.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Whoa! That's definitely it! Funny, I recall hearing about the micro-professor long ago, but I don't know that I've ever really looked at one. But that's definitely it. The metal case is custom, but the rest of it is a perfect match. Not sure why I couldn't find that.

Thanks SuperSVGA!

Fun little machine, I use mine to test assembly code for my Z80 and 8080 computers.
There's quite a lot of documentation for it, thwy were made for decades as training boards, very popular.
20221031_105209.jpg

Amazing photo! Very attractive PC board, although I'd hate to solder directly to the main board's breadboard!

I've been reading up on it. Great single board computer. I would have loved one of these in the early 1980's, but at that time I was all invested in the Sinclair ZX81 which I heavilly modified with a calculator case and regular keyboard. And it would let me write machine code, just not easilly.

I'd love to have a MPF-1 but they seem pretty pricy right now on eBay. If I ever run into one for a good price, I'll snatch it up!!!

I'm not entirely sure the difference between mine with the OLS code and the standard MPF-1 (the normal boot is to display uPF-1). I should dump the ROMs some day.

I'm not entirely sure the difference between mine with the OLS code and the standard MPF-1 (the normal boot is to display uPF-1). I should dump the ROMs some day.
Though, that reminds me, if I point the pc at the same location the standard MPF-1 ROM starts at, mine will display uPF-1 also.

Back