• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How far would you drive to p/u a vintage puter?

I wish it was like that here in south Jersey! There's practically nowhere around here to get decent old stuffs, at least as far as thrift stores, recycling yards or other establishments. I rely mostly on my mom's work, and coworkers for computer items, and occasionally find stuff in the trash, and very rarely, a yard sale. As far as driving though, we'll see when I get my license, and maybe down the line, a car! If any of you know of good, or cheap places to find things in south, south Jersey, please let me know!

Terry Yager said:
I've driven to Detroit (100 mi.) on several occaisions to pick up some free goodies. Saginaw is about 70 mi. and I've made that trip a few times too. 500 is not out of the question, I'd make a thousand-mile round trip for a cheap-or-free Altair or Imsai.

--T

Ha... funny you should mention Saginaw, cause that's where I flew around 1,000 miles to pick up my 2001 Firebird Formula Firehawk (hence my Signon Name). Lush country... to bad we had to turn right around and drive home.

But as for PC parts... hmm.. not far, maybe 30 min. Now if it was for a truck load of pristine NIB or still w/ the Boxes/manuals older Dos/Win games for ultra ultra cheep... I'd drive pretty much from one coast to the other.

Back