• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

InnerCircle BBS

It took a little work, but I am impressed.

I used Putty, which was a problem because the first thing that it wants you to do is press the backspace key to detect the terminal type. I don't think it wants you using telnet protocol, so I swiched Putty to 'raw' mode. That got me in.

Next, to see the ASCII/ANSI graphics you have to have the right font configured. I fiddled with Putty until I found that 'OEM font' and codepage 437 worked fine. After that, the artwork was pretty impressive.

It took a little work, but I am impressed.

I used Putty, which was a problem because the first thing that it wants you to do is press the backspace key to detect the terminal type. I don't think it wants you using telnet protocol, so I swiched Putty to 'raw' mode. That got me in.

Next, to see the ASCII/ANSI graphics you have to have the right font configured. I fiddled with Putty until I found that 'OEM font' and codepage 437 worked fine. After that, the artwork was pretty impressive.

To call any of the Telnet-accessable Commodore BBS's, the best program to use is CGTERM, which you can get at http://www.paradroid.net/cgterm/. This programs runs in Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, and emulates a real Commodore graphics (PETSCII) terminal program.

-Andrew

Back