• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Internet connection drops frequently

helenedwards

Banned
I am frequently getting disconnected from the internet on my laptop. After 5 mins of use, the connection drops and I have to switch off and on the router. I am using a Wireless router connected to cable internet.

I am finding this only when I connect on Windows 10. There is no interruption when I use it on my tab. I doubt if there is a virus problem, but, couldn't spot any threats. Could it be the router? I need your help.

I am using the router, Linksys EA6900, and the ISP is Acanac cable internet with 15/1mbps internet speed.
I hope that I have been enough information. I'd like to get some help here.

Thanks!

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
Spammer banned ... leaving their post in place so I can make this PSA:

If you see a new user with 1 or 2 postings making a completely off topic or content free post, DO NOT RESPOND. Flag the post so a moderator can investigate it and take care of it because it's probably a spammer. The initial post might not be directly spam, but usually it will be edited at a later date to insert the spam links.

This is not a new tactic - it has been doing on for years. It amazes me how many people continue to try to be helpful when answering what is obviously going to turn out to be a spammer.

If the posting is borderline we'll give it the benefit of the doubt and wait for it to turn into obvious spam, so don't worry that you might be harming a new & innocent user.

"Suspect" first posts:

"Hi, I'm new here and I look forward to making new friends"
"My high speed internet is slow - can you help me?" - The answer is no unless they have a Hayes 1200 modem in the link.
LOL, COOL STORY BRO - THATZ A GR3AT POST
My Microsoft SQL server ODBC connections are broken ...

You get the idea. Flag the post and move on. Do not respond.

Mike