• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kaypro and the Internet

tdcrew84

I have an original Kaypro II with a clock doubler that lets it run at 4 + megahertz and a project fan that I installed to keep it cool (back in the day). I also have a later model II and all software and boot disk. Finally I have a Kaypro 4/84, with all the disks.

I have had all of this sitting around for a while. The oldest one I bought in Houston in 1982 when they were first released. It has to be one of the original ones.

Now that I am retired and getting back into the Kaypros, I have a question. Has anyone out there hooked one of these up to the internet, other than dial up and is it possible.

I read a long while back where someone had hooked one up to their Windows machine and accessed the internet through the serial port.

Anybody have any leads on this? I am looking for a project.

Thanks,

I have an original Kaypro II with a clock doubler that lets it run at 4 + megahertz and a project fan that I installed to keep it cool (back in the day). I also have a later model II and all software and boot disk. Finally I have a Kaypro 4/84, with all the disks.

I have had all of this sitting around for a while. The oldest one I bought in Houston in 1982 when they were first released. It has to be one of the original ones.

Now that I am retired and getting back into the Kaypros, I have a question. Has anyone out there hooked one of these up to the internet, other than dial up and is it possible.

I read a long while back where someone had hooked one up to their Windows machine and accessed the internet through the serial port.

Anybody have any leads on this? I am looking for a project.

Thanks,

Back