• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Macintosh 'Hello' Macwrite Document

crazypigeon

Hello,
I was going to do a self portrait for my photography class, and I wanted to recreate one of the shots of all the Macintosh team members sitting with the mac. I was going to use my old mac plus, that has the look of an origional mac, and I wanted to have it display 'hello' on the screen, in that cursive style that was in all of the early mac ads. Does anyone have a macwrite document of it, or know some way that I can get that cursive hello on the screen? Thanks :)

As I recall, the "hello" filled the whole screen. A quick and dirty way to get it to display that way would be to create a PICT file called "Startup Screen" and save it to the System Folder. That will cause the Mac to display that image as it boots up. You'll only have a few seconds for the "pose," of course. Maybe an assistant can switch the machine on, then click the shutter. (But why am I giving advice like this to a photographer? Shut up, Rob.)

You could also try reproducing the "hello" yourself. You'll probably manage at least as well as this guy: http://radio.weblogs.com/0102482/images/2005/06/06/hello-mac.jpg

I'm not convinced that ever existed as a MacWrite document.
If you look closely at the photo, that's MacPaint running.
So just grab a fat brush and make your own cursive "hello".
What's the big deal?

I'm not convinced that ever existed as a MacWrite document.
If you look closely at the photo, that's MacPaint running.
So just grab a fat brush and make your own cursive "hello".
What's the big deal?

I can't even write a cursive hello like that on a peice of paper, let alone a mouse.

I couldn't hunt down macpaint so I just gave up on the mac idea, because my photo teacher had a deadline. I ended up posing with my Apple ][+, and they actually turned out pretty good :)

Does the Plus have a 400k or 800k drive? You can send me a disk for it and I could put MacPaint on the disk and mail it back. I have MacPaint on my Classic II.

Back