• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Macintosh Portable Internal Speaker

explorerzach

Hey all! I have a backlit Macintosh Portable that is missing its speaker. I was wondering if anyone here knew what speaker it used or a compatible speaker I could install in it. I tried putting my IIci's speaker inside but it did not fit. Also, the back cover the portable does not fit on ever since I toke it apart. I will update this post when i get home. Going to disassemble and reassemble it and hope the issue with the back cover is solved. Mainly trying to find out about a replacement speaker.

The original is a Regal 32Ω 0.25W speaker, about 2in diameter I believe, though with the metal frame it's around 58mm x 58mm square.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to find an exact fit, worst case you could a bracket or case of some sort could be 3D printed to fit. I think around 80% of my Macintosh Portable speakers are bad and I've yet to find a replacement.

The original is a Regal 32Ω 0.25W speaker, about 2in diameter I believe, though with the metal frame it's around 58mm x 58mm square.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to find an exact fit, worst case you could a bracket or case of some sort could be 3D printed to fit. I think around 80% of my Macintosh Portable speakers are bad and I've yet to find a replacement.
Thank you! Il look into it. My library has a 3D Printer so maybe I could print something out. Never used a 3D Printer before though.

Edit: I wonder if I could look around the house for some old junk with a speaker I could use for the portable. Probably gonna have to duck tape it down though since I don't have the mount :)

Last edited:
I have the same question. Have you found a solution yet?
Currently i have the keyboard cover off and I attached a speaker from my Macintosh IIci. It does not fit with the case on so I'm looking for some 32Ω 0.25 speakers on amazon/ebay

Back