• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

Movies

VERAULT

Veteran Member
I got rid of my grandmothers console tv around 2002 or 2003. I feel terrible. The reason I did it was the last tv/radio shop closedd when the owner died. How would I have known a hobyist community would have erupted. Besides that thing weighed a tone! still nice equipment.

Chuckster_in_Jax

Veteran Member
My grandmother had an old 1930's or early 1940's Victrola that played the 78 RPM shellac records. Had a cast iron tone arm with what looked like a small nail for a needle. When she passed away I asked my dad to keep it for me. It was a real collectors item.
One day I dropped by to visit my parents and wanted to pick up the Victrola. He told me he had put it out with the trash. Long gone now.

What a disappointment.

VERAULT

Veteran Member
My grandmother had an old 1930's or early 1940's Victrola that played the 78 RPM shellac records. Had a cast iron tone arm with what looked like a small nail for a needle. When she passed away I asked my dad to keep it for me. It was a real collectors item.
One day I dropped by to visit my parents and wanted to pick up the Victrola. He told me he had put it out with the trash. Long gone now.

What a disappointment.
Funny My wife and I decided to re-watch twin peaks. Laura palmers father palys a similar cabinet 78 player to one I remember a friend having (no electronics to speak of). Just a bunch of wooden sound chambers. Good stuff.

commodorejohn

Veteran Member
My brother snagged an old cabinet Victrola off of Craigslist years back. Such a neat gadget - amazing what they could do with no electronics at all.

VERAULT

Veteran Member
hes so proud fthat TV / Radio console.. I would imagine its new but why is the lens or window in front of the picture tube yellowed?