• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

My Collection

irishmike

Experienced Member
Greetings All:

As you know by now (if you have been following my other posts anyhow), I am collector in Independence, Missouri and have the following so far:

1. Commodore Amiga 2000
2. Commodore Amiga 4000 -- currently being built up
3. Commodore 64 Breadbox (with 1541 Disk drive and 1 1571 Disk drive)
4. Apple II gs (Woz signature edition)

Still seeking a Tandy Color Computer 3 system (CoCo) and the following:

1. 2 more 1084S D1 Monitors (so I have one for each Amiga and the C64)
2. 3 Apple II 5.25 Disk Drives and 4 Apple II 3.5 Disk Drives
3. An Apple "SuperDrive" controller for the IIe
4. An Apple Color Monitor
5. A Commodore 1571 Disk Drive (I have one and actually plan to sell the 1541)
6. Another C64 (later white case/white keyboard model) -- looks like an Amiga 500 kind of ;-)

Anyhow, the collection is pretty well on its way. I am very proud of the acquisition of the Woz Special Edition IIgs. I got it from my local Salvation Army Thrift store for $9. Not bad for hunting for another C64.

Always looking to expand this collection a little!

irishmike

Experienced Member
Hey Chris:

I just have folks that know I collect and they sometimes give me a heads up. When I started, it was hard to find things.

It seems that when I am not looking for it, I find 100s of whatever it is :)

There is a guy here in Kansas City that has a garage full of Apple IIgs stuff, I mean packed from top to bottom and all four sides. He is always the first person I check with because his wife would like to park the car in the garage again some day :)

Anyhow, I am hoping to organize this stuff and show it to folks and maybe get other people addicted to my hobby :-D (puts pinky to mouth in Dr. Evil style).

PhotoJim

The white-cased Commodore 64 you want is the C64C. There is also a white-cased 1541, the 1541C, that goes with it.

The breadbox C64 works with the 1571 but they don't technically go together. You need a brown-cased 1541. :)