• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My small collection

Ratix

So i've been around computers all my life and in the years that i've used them i have started a small collection of them ranging from 80's to the mordern age since i was a teen. my only regret is not keeping everything at the time. slowly but surely i'll continue gaining more of what i remember having. without further ado here's what i have

Commodore 128 with monitor, printer and dual head floppy drive which is the commodore 128 drive. a box of software ranging from utilities to games which take at least a couple minutes to load.

Tandy 1000SX with both low density 5 1/4 drives taking up both bays (broken but still working) necv20 installed

Tandy 1000SX with 5 1/4 drive and 3 1/2 drive both low density fully working and touched the insides once to put in a hard card for the system and replaced the original 8088 cpu for a nec v20

both tandy's have 640kb of memory installed

A pair of IBM tower 386 computers

The first IBM is the standard 386 16 mhz model with a dead floppy drive. with no other add-ons aside from a SCSI 60 meg HDD or 40 meg HDD.
The second IBM seems to have a few upgrades. this model is exactly identical but has a 486 cpu clocked at 33 mhz, and the floppy drive is working and the harddrive is almost identical to the first IBM.

both computers have the same error codes regarding the date and battery and have at least 4 megs of RAM installed that are 72-pin SIMMS

Horizontal 486 dx2 intel over drive clocked at 50 mhz (no keyboard present which is a recent problem that had cropped up.)

currently a dead computer and took apart completely after trying to clean up the board to see if the keyboard would work again.

Horizontal 486 dx2 Dell 50 mhz with a display panel that shows what is currently being read, has a floppy combo drive that is working and regreased, and a 24x cdrom drive. sound blaster 16 installed and a 400 meg harddrive with 16 megs of ram

Tower -pentium 133 mhz in a gateway 2000 case (this was the ultimate project PC) it had a DOM ,Disk on module, rated at 256 megs along with 32 megs of ram. Sound blaster 16, a more modern cdrom drive manufacture date 2002, a zip 100 drive that is working, a 3 1/2 floppy and a 5 1/4 floppy.

honorable mentions include a beautiful compaq pentium III 800 mhz and a pentium 4 dell. horizontal build PCs

Is your horizontal Compaq PIII a Deskpro? The full size Deskpros of that era were set up that you could spin the disk drives and run them as a tower or a desktop.

i'd have to check. i don't think it does i think the front of it says deskpro en or ez. and can only accept up to 512MB of ram

Back