• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need configuration diskette for Olivetti M300 (vanilla, not M300-15)

upnorth

Experienced Member
I have acquired an Olivetti PC with an UC112 processor board (386SX cpu). I have received it without the battery dongle, but I have recreated one using this YouTube video:
and the Vogons post https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=77053

In spite of the correct battery and correct polarity, I still the "Battery low" flashing icon at startup. The video I linked above, showed that the problem with the battery was solved by booting from a suitable configuration diskette.
Setup_Utility_Battery_Problem.jpg
Unfortunately, I could only find the configuration diskette for the Olivetti M300-15, which has an actual motherboard with CPU on it, and when I booted my machine with that diskette, the utility informed me that the system is not supported.

Can anyone tell me if the configuration diskette for the M300 is available somewhere?

Without that battery issue being solved, I can't configre the graphics which now default to 40 columns, and the floppy defaults to 360K (the bay I still managed to boot into the configuration diskette is an interesting tale I shall share if you are interested - but at the momebnt, I do not have a functional diskette drive).

Back