• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New retrocomputing group forming — north end of Seattle region

gsteemso

Experienced Member
Hello all, I am forming a new retro- and vintage computing group in the Seattle area. It will almost certainly be focussed north of the city centre simply because there are already groups in the south end, around Tacoma.

I had originally planned to focus on one or two types of old micro (Commodores and Apples), but so few Commodore people in town have any interest in meeting face-to-face that I have broadened the focus to include any sort of computing (hardware, software, or development efforts for same) older than roughly 15-20 years. That said, I really doubt there will be much interest in Windows 95.

While several candidate locations have been lined up, no specific meeting place or time has yet been set; I figured it would make sense to find out what parts of town people will be coming from before trying to fix that in stone.

Lastly, the all-important detail of the new group’s name: I am torn between

North End Retrocomputing Devotees’ Society (N.E.R.D.S.)
and
Retrocomputing Enthusiasts’ Society Of Northern Seattle (R.E.S.O.N.S., the particles reality is fictionally made of — dog Latin for “thingies”)​

Don’t worry if these annoy you, they and any other suggestions made will be put to a vote when we get a proper meeting together.

Regards,
Gordon Steemson (gsteemso@commodore128.org ; gsteemso via AIM, YM and Skype)

Back