• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Old 8 bit SCSI card?

A little bit of googling that p/n seems to indicate that it is an Archive product, using 50594-02 gives more hits.

I wonder if the ROM provides some built-in functionality for the 1/4" series of tape drives on a PC?

My 16-bit Future Domain card comes with a primitive tape drive software utility which I have tested with an Archive QIC-150 drive but it only works with early DOS versions.

Well I snagged it, will see what it is when I get it. I like old oddball tape backup units anyway so maybe someday I will get the drive that goes with it.

So Druid6900 there is a chance that card is a normal SCSI card just private labled for archive?

So Druid6900 there is a chance that card is a normal SCSI card just private labled for archive?

Yes, chances are pretty good that it's one of the brand name SCSI cards from the time just badged with the Archive name.

Most TDU manufacturers didn't care to re-invent the wheel, but, they sure did hop around from vendor to vendor a lot. I recall we had to make a chart to keep track of what version card came from which manufacturer for which TDU.

What they did to the ROM is another question, but, SCSI was a pretty fixed standard, so, chances are good it'll play with other devices nicely.

U_K, if you REALLY need an 8-bit SCSI controller, lemme know, and I'll ship you my Future Domain TMC-850 (with BIOS) and you can replace it when you find one, at your leisure...

I only have one, so I will need it replaced, but not immediately...

lemme know...

T

Back