• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

On a Tandy kick... 1000 TX, TL/2, HX, and Model 2000

That was a steal! I really love the TX and TL/2... They have a good amount of available expansion slots and don't occupy a lot of space, like most desktops of the era. They're also esthetically pleasing.

I was pleased with the systems, the TX is practically mint along with the keyboard and the TL is pretty good though I need to clean the disk drive. Both monitors are the CM-5. The lot also came with 2 Tandy joysticks, printer with cable, books and as a bonus a box of a 100 or so 5.25" floppies (haven't gone through them.. they may be mostly for Commodore), and 2 external SCSI hard drives for a Mac.

Wow.. hell of a non Tandy kick you're on lol ;-) Good finds. Maybe I need to go not be on an Altair and 5100 kick.<g>

Do you have many systems? (yeah ok.. I'll check for an introduction thread)

I have quite a number of systems and I will do an introduction one day soon. :)

Thexder? I downloaded "Neo Thexder" for my Playstation 3 to play. It has the classic mode plus an enhanced graphics mode which uses modern graphic technology.

thexder-neo-screens-20090917093107337_640w.jpg

Add an RL to the list... :)

Won it on eBay for $17, from a seller local to me. The husband happens to work about 1.5 miles from my building, so he'll be bringing it with him for me to pick up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260677628477&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:1123

What an awesome deal - cheap and "free shipping", with almost no wait time! :D

Fun stuff. There's a 1000RL at the recycle center that I may get if someone else doesn't want it, but I'll need to get a keyboard for it. I'm undecided as to whether to keep that and sell the TX I have now, or try to upgrade the TX. The main nicety would be that the RL has a built-in hard disk controller, but it looks like it's XT-IDE only, and those are freakin' expensive :/

RL units have a single 8-bit ISA slot, so if you don't need anything else in said slot you could always use an XT-IDE. With that said, I have at least two XT-IDE drives for sale, and they aren't "freakin' expensive". ;)

What an awesome deal - cheap and "free shipping", with almost no wait time! :D

Imagine my surprise when I picked it up and realized it was... an RL/HD! Badge and all... And in great condition, too!

Oh, the beautiful sounds of the ST325X spinup...

It's kind of fun going through someone's homework essays from 1992 in DeskMate. ;)

Oh, yea, and it was already upgraded to 768k. The clock chip on the HD model is already installed from the factory (vs it being an upgrade on the non-HD). I learned that from the manual that came with it, hehe.

It still had the date set. Kind of eerie...

Back