• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Organizing a swap meet in Lawrence, Kansas

irishmike

Experienced Member
Greetings to all:

I am thinking about organizing a vintage computer swap meet here in Lawrence, Kansas at some point and wanted to gauge interest.

Would anyone be interested in something like this? I am thinking of charging a minimal fee (to cover renting a venue) and then running it over a weekend sometime?

Again this is just an idea, I have made no plans to actually do it just yet. If there is interest, then I will definitely consider it.

Decided to go ahead and plan to do this. Could use help organizing it (if you are local to Lawrence or Kansas City, please PM me. This event would be a chance to sell/trade or obtain those items for your vintage computer collection. Currently I have an idea to hold this event in a community center or VFW. If it is nice it could also be a BBQ type affair or if it is really big -- we could at least have someone selling food/drinks.

Please PM me if you can help me put this together. Thinking of having ABUG (my local Apple II User Group -- Yes it actually is still active and meets monthly even today) involved.

Back