• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Real mode dos command line LFN file copier

Welsh-Tim

Hi People,

It recently occurred to me that if I could copy a directory structure full of LFN files from a real mode dos command line (The way xcopy would for SFN files) it would be very useful to me. The real mode dos I'm using is Win 98SE (4.10.2222). After installing different versions of the DOSLFN tsr (last version I tried = 0.41f ) and trying various copiers I couldn't find one that would work in real mode, although they would work in a dos window of 98, which in my case rather defeats the object of the exercise.

As I searched the net to no avail for a copier, I started to think I would have to write one for myself with DJGPP or OpenWatcom and while trying to educate myself on how to interact with the DOSLFN tsr I came across your website. So my question is:- Does a real mode dos command line LFN file copier already exist or do I need to write one?

Tim

Finding an email with a reply and link to LFN Tools this morning was certainly a rare treat.
Somewhat (I imagine) like lifting a floor board to make a repair and finding a forgotten bag of used notes.

The Lcopy.exe was exactly what I was looking for, in fact slightly better as it didn't require a driver TSR to operate.
Then as if, 'icing on the cake', the source code was included as well.

Thanks Plasma (and Odi for writing it)

PS It was DJ Delorie's "Plasma" demo that set me on this programming tour in the first place!

Back