• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Small Early Preview of Upcoming Vintage Games Book

Bill_Loguidice

Veteran Member
As some of you know, I've been working on several projects over the past several years. One in particular I've been working on from August to October of this year with co-author Matt Barton was the upcoming March 2009 release of "Vintage Games: An Insider Look at the History of Grand Theft Auto, Super Mario, and the Most Influential Games of All Time" from Focal Press/Elsevier. It's an approximately 350 page full color book that covers the greatest and most influential games of all time, regardless of platform, from the 1950's to the present day. Nine additional chapters will be made available online, as well as additional images, working out to roughly 700 pages of content and 600 images. It's too early to reveal more, but the publisher has sent us some layout samples (unedited) that I thought I'd share: http://armchairarcade.com/neo/node/2124

We've gotten some great testimonials in as well, including from legends like Steve Meretzky. Needless to say getting those comments back were hugely uplifting for us after an intense and exhausting period of work and they'll be displayed prominently on the book's outer and inner cover, as well as in select marketing.

Like I said, the book is scheduled for March 2009 (in time for GDC 09, where it's scheduled to premiere) and is already available worldwide at all the usual places, including Amazon. As the publication date gets closer, I'll be able to release more information, including the table of contents. Thanks for the support, guys!

Back