• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Small Systems Engineering, LTD Softbox Stunt Box

The flickering indicates the RAM and checksum tests are occurring. When the LED comes on hard, they've passed. So far so good.

If you install the serial devices, I think the interface will simply be recognised. The DIP switches present a problem as I don't have a Softbox manual anymore. It is probable that they configure the baud-rate etc for the RS232 interface. I have what looks like a newer Softbox in the loft which has neither serial chips nor DIP switches. Having said that, I used that hardware to lash-up all sorts of prototypes, and I can't say categorically why I retained that particular box.

It looks like progress though. Perhaps the baud rate could be discovered by trial and error. I never thought I'd forget this stuff, but it is looking promising. I expect some perky message comes out of the RS232 on power up which would help in determining the config.

Softbox Boot Disk

Softbox Boot Disk

I have found what appears to be my only Softbox boot disk. Let's hope it works. It is in 8050 format. I also have a circuit diagram for the box.

If you send me a message we could set something up off-board.

I'm looking for a boot disk for the Softbox. I've sent you a private message. Thanks!

Back